Aircraft Systems Engineer Powerplant (m/w/d)
Condor - passion is our compass! And that's more than just a claim, it's our DNA: As Germany's most popular vacation airline, we take our guests to the world's most beautiful vacation destinations. Every year, over nine million passengers fly with Condor aboard our more than 50 aircraft to around 90 destinations in Europe, Africa and North America. From the fall of 2022, Condor will be the German launch customer for new long-haul Airbus A330neo aircraft of the latest generation, which, thanks to state-of-the-art technology, is the European leader in fuel consumption of 2.1 liters per passenger per 100 kilometers while offering the highest level of customer comfort. Our more than 4,000 employees on the ground and in the air give their best every day with passion, dedication and know-how and are writing the next chapters in our 66-year history. We are ready for take-off! Are you too? Become part of the Condor family now and apply for a job with us!
Your future tasks:
- The selected candidate will be conducting the engineering tasks necessary to maintain the airworthiness, reliability and economy of the Engines and APU’s installed on the Boeing and Airbus fleet of Condor Flugdienst GmbH in compiance with the Aircraft /Engine Manufacturer (OEM) requirements, internal company regulations and LBA/EASA/FAA rules. This includes also the Technical advice to the airline and representation of its interests towards contractors, such as maintenance providers.
- Evaluation and assignment of activities to fulfil the OEM and authority requirements as well as monitoring of the complete and timely implementation on the airline's aircraft (i.e. Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives)
- Tracking and evaluation of the reliability data of systems, modules, components and individual parts and Implementation of improvements and/or corrective measures in the maintenance or maintenance programs, as well as implementing change programs on aircraft and equipment, and monitoring of their effectiveness
- Engine Health Monitoring, initiation of corrective actions and long term improvments
- Follow-up and investigation of special pilots and maintenance reports as well as of deviations from approved aircraft manufacturer (OEM) limits and support to obtain the necessary OEM or/and authority approvals as well as Investigation of incidents and special occurrences, preparation of investigation reports and/or findings reports
- Coordination of engine change with the planning department and the airline, preparation and supervision of engine shop visits and implementation of the post Shop Visit documentation into the companies electronic maintenance system
- Creation and revision of the technical operating manuals, maintenance documents, etc.and monitoring of the proper implementation of the maintenance program at the contracted maintenance providers
Your profile with a passion for aviation:
- Degree in engineering or technician with specialization in mechanical engineering, preferably aerospace engineering or completed apprenticeship as aircraft mechanic with several years of professional experience in the maintenance / overhaul of aviation equipment, preferably in the field of engine overhaul.
- Good system and technical knowledge of aircraft of the Boeing / Airbus family
- Confident appearance, good contact and cooperation behavior, willingness to work in a team and to travel on business trips
- Good argumentation and negotiation skills, good persuasiveness and assertiveness, analytical approach and knowledge of business management desired, ability to prepare and present complex issues, taking into account economic/technical considerations
- Good user-oriented EDP skills and experience in using the EDP systems specific to the workplace, preferably AMOS
- Good English language skills, both written and spoken (technical English)
- Very good knowledge of aviation legislation
This is what you can look forward to as part of the Condor family:
- Atmosphere - through a friendly and motivated team and flat hierarchies
- Excitement - through an interesting and varied job in a fascinating industry
- Further development - through competent induction as well as training and development opportunities
- Benefits - through attractive travel discounts and social benefits in addition to industry-standard compensation